Friday, February 19, 2016

How to wear Red Lipstick

I love red, and I barely wear it besides my blog posts that I do.  I suppose it draws attention to the face, and especially the lips.  Aside from my personal preference I really have to say that we are seeing red all over the runways.  We are seeing all different finishes and intensities of red.  So don't be shy, or if you are shy, wear it lightly dabbed on with a finger, as a stain.  Either way, this is a trend that we can get behind. 

I get told often, "oh I can't wear red, it's too much and I feel I can't pull it off."  There is a red for everyone, trust me. 

Here I will show you my skin tone, which is fair, a medium skin tone, and a darker skin tone. 


wear it matte

Pink/Beige Fair:  Try a true red
Yellow/Beige: Try a pink based (blue red)


wear it as a stain - Makeup by Louise Croce

Pink/Beige medium: orange red/russet
Yellow/Beige medium: fuchsia red


wear it as a burgundy gloss - Makeup by Louise Croce

Red undertone dark: warm - berry red
Yellow undertone dark: violet red



4 comments:

  1. I am certainly that person who says I can't pull off wearing red...but now I'm willing to find the red that works!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm convinced you can pull off red Diana. Comfort is different than pulling off red. Anyone can. You would suit a sheer one in a gloss form, with a slight pink nude finish to it. It's all about the undertones.

    ReplyDelete